As part of the Belarusian community in the United Kingdom, the Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum:
- preserves the cultural heritage of the Belarusian people;
- contributes to the life of this community by providing access to cultural artefacts in a variety of forms and media;
- supports and promotes academic Belarusian studies;
- encourages interest in Belarus among the British public.
We aim to:
- Collect and preserve significant publications in various formats and languages reflecting Belarusian history and culture;
- Encourage and assist with preservation of the Belarusian Diaspora’s archives, publications and artefacts;
- Develop the Museum collection;
- Enable access to Belarusian literature, language and other aspects of the cultural heritage to all compatriots living in London and further afield;
- Collaborate with other Belarusian organisations and initiatives for enriching their work and projects;
- Maintain a reference collection for supporting and encouraging academic Belarusian studies in the UK and abroad;
- Provide facilities for accessing Belarus-related materials of interest to researchers and students;
- Contribute to the work of Belarusian and other related academic organisations and initiatives in the UK, Belarus and abroad;
- Contribute to projects and events promoting Belarus in the UK;
- Contribute to the body of knowledge about Belarus in the English-speaking world.